2016 was definitely the busiest and fastest year for me. From weddings, traveling and just life in general I’m super excited to what 2017 has in store for me. In the beauty world, I’ve tried so many products throughout the year it’s a miracle I was able to make this list into just 16 products. So I give you my top 16 of 2016!
- Benefit Cosmetics- Goof Proof Brow Pencil #3– If I had to choose one product that was the best discovery for me in 2016 it would be this. I haven’t used brow powder in months ever since this little gem made its way into my makeup bag. This retractable brow pencil is super easy to use and cut my brow time well, by a whole lot. Holy grail status for sure.
- Laura Mercier- Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact 01– Highlighters are the true weakness for me so for me to choose just one was a bit tough. I felt like this highlight just melted in my skin without it being too glitterly or chunky. This soft gold highlight was my go-to for everyday use because it always came out so smooth with a natural healthy glow.
- Bobbi Brown- Vitamin Enriched Face Base- I loved using this cream if I’m in a rush to get out the door. This oil-free moisturizer made my skin super smooth, hydrating and acts as a great primer as well. The lemon/citrus scent was a sweet bonus.
- Murad- Pore Reform™ Skin Smoothing Polish- The main reason this has become my favorite exfoliator is because it is rich & creamy without stripping my skin of its moisture. This really helped with my skin congestion especially around my nose. Will forever repurchase this.
- Oribe Thick Dry Finishing Spray- I finally purchased a huge bottle and I have no regrets. I use this everyday to give me body and volume that my flat hair needs.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Primer™ Oil-Free Poreless Skin-Perfecting Serum Primer- I’m usually really picky about my primers. This one has been my favorite because it smooths out my skin, doesn’t make me look shiny, noticeably blurs out my pores and any redness I have on my cheeks. I also like that its lightweight enough to make it seem like I’m not even wearing a primer.
- Colour Pop Ultra Satin Lip in Gypsy- Always loved the ultra satin lip range.. These are not drying at all and last on my lips. This rosey pink color was another fall favorite for me instead of a dark lip. (unfortunately this was limited edition)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Risque- Tarte blushes are my absolute fav. The color Risque is a beautiful peachy nude color that I used almost everyday. I would compare it to ‘exposed’ just a little more color to it. This blush sits very well on my skin without it separating at all throughout the day.
- Tarte Tarteist™ Double Take Eyeliner– UM did I just find something as good as my holy grail stila eyeliner? YES. Here is another product that I will continue to repurchase. One side is a true black liquid eyeliner that gives me an easy to draw precise line and the other side is a true black pencil eyeliner that I tight line with. It lasts allll day. What more can you ask for?
- Tarte Tartelette In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette- As you can tell Tarte was killin’ it for me this year. But THIS PALETTE. I can use this palette for so many day/night looks. I loved traveling with it because it was so compact as well. Basically this a neutral girls dream palette.
- Tatcha- Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35- Of course I had to add something from my favorite skincare brand. It is a bit pricey but the tube is huge and I know will last me pretty long. This lightweight SPF made my skin look smooth without it leaving that chalky texture that some SPF do. Another holy grail!
- Kylie Cosmetics- Lip Kit in Love Bites- This rich plummy brown color was my go-to dark lip these past few months. Review here and here
- Tarte Tarteist™ Creamy Matte Lip Paint in Crop Top- I’ve been into mavuey brown lips towards the end of the year. Tarte lip paints are one of my favorite formulas because its full coverage yet still comfortable on the lips and long-wearing.
- NARS- Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in Alaska- This was my favorite everyday choice if I want more coverage yet a natural soft finish. This never made me feel cakey at all but still retain moisture for me. I would always bring this with me on vacations to hot areas as well.
- Coloupop- Eye Shdaow in Lovely- I’m pretty sure I’m going to hit pan on this soon. I use this everyday for a quick eye look. Its prettiest soft gold color for all over the lid.
- Shiseido- Ibuki Multi Solution Gel- This is basically my skin saver especially when I was traveling. I would sometimes break out a bit on certain areas of my skin and this would clear it out and smooth out my skin in just a few days. Quick review here.
What were some of your favorite discoveries this year? Let me know!