I’m so happy Ipsy’s Generation Beauty finally made there debut in San Francisco! This event was a two day event but I unfortunately I only attended day 1 which was all I needed…
The event was held at Pier 27 in San Francisco. When my friend and I arrived we saw the long lines to get in and already got intimidated. Thankfully it went by quick. Right when you registered to get in they gave us passes with monopoly type pieces that you would rip and give to the booths to get your freebies. Love this idea.
Once we got inside I could just feel my anxiety go from 0 to 100. Crazy lines everywhere, beauty junkies running around from booth to booth and so many perfect eyebrows and highlights everywhere. Since this event was two floors we hit the main floor first. Each brand booth had interactive things to do, discounts for customers to shop and was giving out deluxe samples sometimes full size of popular products in exchange for your monopoly piece. I have to say the lines for the brands was a bit disorganized. They would have volunteers ‘close the lines’ so people couldn’t wait in them.. and people couldn’t wait anywhere else to get in that line because of fire hazards. I think they should have been prepared for this a little more because I know it upset a lot of people wanting to shop and given very little instructions.
My favorite booth was definitely the Balm. I wanted everything.
Then it was time for us to explore the 2nd floor where it was a bit more spacious and less crowded. I would say the crazy lines (2 hour + wait) were for to meet YouTube beauty creators.
They also had a variety of food trucks that was right across from the venue which was great.
and one of the best parts.. the goodie bag!
DAY ONE GOOD BAG:
- TARTE– bronze & glow contour brush
- OGX– Gravity-Defying & Hydration + O2 Lifting Tonic
- BENEFIT– travel size they’re real mascara
- LUXIE– 211 brush
- LANEIGE– water sleeping mask
- MILANI– amore metallics lip creme in matterialistic
- NYX-3-pc. Intense Butter Gloss Set in Napolean, Funnel Delight & Toasted Marshmallow
- GHD– exclusive offer coupon (20% off)
- Crown– eyeliner in blue steel
- Absolute New York– Pure Metal Veil in Mahogany
- Pur Cosmetics– Correcting Primer
Here are all the other products that I bought or received as freebies:
- Custom Ipsy Makeup Pouch (made at the event ; 4 choices to chose from) I chose Christen Dominique
- Purlisse – Youth Preserve Age Delay Serum
- Purlisse- Blue Lotus + Seaweed Treatment Sheet Mask
- Purlisse- Blue Lotus Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Essential Daily Moisturizer
- Tarte- Pack Your Bags Under eye Rescue Patches
- Tarte- Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Highlighter in Exposed
- Tarte- Quick Dry Lip Paint in Rose’
- Tarte- Tarteist Mascara
- Laneige- Water Sleeping Mask
- Pur Cosmetics- Travel Size Mascara
- NUDESTIX- Magnetic Eye Color in Chocolate
- Jouer- Long Wear Lip Topper in Skinny Dip
- Jouer- Essential Lip Enchancer
- Jouer- Essential Matte & Shimmer e/s Palette
- Pop Beauty- Mini Eye Liner Set
- The Balm- Nude’tude pPalette
- The Balm- Mr. Write (now) Eyeliner Pencil in Bill B. Mocha
- The Balm- Read My Lips Lip Gloss in Snap!
- The Balm- Batter up eyeshadow Stick in Moonshot
- The Balm- Meet Matt(e) Trimony Palette
- The Balm- Frat Boy Blush
- Pixi- Endless Brow Gel Pen in Medium
- Pop beauty- Nail Glam Nail Polish in Ninety Three
- slmiss glam beauty- Beauty Sponge
- Benefit- Gimme Brow in #3
- Luxie- Blending Brush
- Luxie- Blush Brush
- GHD- Split End Therapy Treatment
- Rock your hair- Dry Shampoo
A few tips for an event like this:
-wear comfy shoes
I saw a lot of girls in heels, wedges etc.. Personally I would choose sneakers over heels any day. You’re going to be walking and standing A LOT so be prepared for that and choose wisely 🙂
If you’re like me and need to eat every few hours I would suggest bringing a few snacks to keep you goin! Waiting in line can really be draining sometimes so a good granola bar, fruit or a water to keep hydrated is definitely needed!
-have a plan.. kinda
Get familiar with the brands and see what you want to visit first. I initially had a plan but the line situation threw me off a bit.What we did was cruise through both floors and decided what brands had shorter or longer lines that we could visit which helped us distinguish what was priorities for us.
I always like to bring cash to these events just so I can truly keep track of how much I’m spending.
-bring a friend
These events are always more fun when you experience it with another fellow beauty lover.
Overall, Generation Beauty was a very exhausting yet fun experience! I’m very proud of myself for not going crazy and buying from every single booth. I would say you can definitely do this event just one day but you would miss out on the day 2 good bag and other youtube beauty creators that have meet & greets if you are interested in that. Would I go again? DEFINITELY. Am I ready for IMATS in LA next year? UMMM.. maybe?
Have you been to a beauty event before? Let me know!